Friday, July 19, 2013

4th of July weekend

We have usually gotten out of town camping or something similar over the 4th of July each year since getting Carmen. Last year we stayed in town and watched some great fireworks from a friend's balcony, but poor Carmen was really freaked out, so we decided to get out of town and avoid all that again this year.

I was hoping for a "babymoon," or one last get away just the two of us before having a baby (this was also the only day off I was taking in over 5 months - trying to stash vacation/sick time for our Wisconsin trip and maternity leave). That romantic get away somehow turned into a camping/mountain biking trip near Bend with friends. Which turned out really good - I'm glad Ashley is getting lots of time on his new bike and we had a really great time with a neat group of people.

The group, minus me. I stayed back with Carmen while the rest of the group went off biking each day.

Carmen and I got out for some good hikes and swims along the Deschutes
If I wasn't pregnant I would have figured a way to get myself out on one of the rafts! Gorgeous weekend to be on the river and we had never rafted this section of the Deschutes.
More trees and river 
Emily and Sarah cooking dinner back at camp
We got back in time to do some additional basement demo on Sunday. Here's Ashley all ready to tear out some tile (that possibly had some bad stuff in it so he's all suited up : ) 

We spent the rest of Sunday demo-ing, I started my new job on Monday, had our first birth class at the hospital on Wednesday night, signed the refi on our mortgage Thursday a.m. and Mom and Charlie got in Thursday night. Phew! Busy week (but still probably calm compared to what our lives are about to be like : )

More photos to come from Mom and Charlie's visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment