Monday, July 1, 2013

Last week of June already!

I can't believe June is already over! A few good things went on around here to wrap the month up...

I left around 5:30a.m. Tuesday to drive up to Bainbridge Island. Heather was in Seattle for work, so I worked remotely from Evelyn's floating office during the day and we met up with Heather in the afternoon. Her and a coworker flew in and caught a ferry from downtown Seattle, across the Sound to Bainbridge Island.

We wandered around the shops on the island, went out to dinner, got ice cream, and I drove back late that night. An exhausting day, BUT SO WORTH IT. So glad I got to see Heather and Evelyn, much needed family time.

Evelyn hard at work 
Fiona captaining the ship
View from the back of their boat. It was a really nice day, although we got a thunderstorm later in the afternoon.
The boat next door
Shopping "downtown"
Back at Doug and Evelyn's
Heather double fisting ice cream after dinner. Seriously, really good ice cream! 
When I got back to work the next day, someone had left me a hand knit blanket in Packer/Ducks colors with no note! Finally figured out who it was, so sweet. 
And this dumpster arrived in front of our house while I was gone....
And we started to fill it this weekend - the plan is to start by remodeling/cleaning up the basement (and adding a bathroom down there). We'll then move our bedroom down there while we finish the upper level. We'll see how it goes timing-wise with the kiddo and such.....

We emptied a bunch of stuff out the basement to store in the attic or sell on craigslist. Ashley got started tearing out the closets in this room, and all the other weird junk on the walls (like that mirror that was attached to the wall, door jambs, shelving, carpet, etc. ).
Weird ceiling texture "before" (but with the closets removed)

"After" with the ceiling removed. Turns out it was original 1930s lath and plaster. What a mess.
At least he was wearing a mask, but the dust and who knows what else kind of sketches me out  - who knows whats in there?! 
Clean up in progress
 Meanwhile I stripped the wallpaper from the pool room, helped clean up, carry stuff to the dumpster, etc. Also, it was 90+ degrees this weekend. It was cool in the basement, but got hot running around.

I went to a birthday party for Sydney, Josh and Michelle's 2 year old, Saturday afternoon. It was outside and HOT, even in the shade. We turned the air conditioning on on Sunday finally, so it wasn't too bad.

Other things going on here...

Our hydrangea is so happy this year after being transplanted! 
And I started knitting a new sweater in blue/gray now that I know we're having a boy : )
A belly picture from this weekend. Still not that big quite yet! I feel like it just looks like I ate a big meal. Ashley says I look like I might be pregnant or just like the weirdest fat person ever. Thanks honey : )

No comments:

Post a Comment