Sunday, October 20, 2013

Finally feel like we're getting prepared

After a few weekends of sticking around the house to work on projects, get organized,  and pick up this-es and thats, I'm finally feeling like we're getting close to ready. We've both kicked our colds and had a great weekend around home getting organized. AND I didn't have the baby this week and will hit 37 weeks on Tuesday, so all is great here : )

Friday we went for a walk with Carmen and grabbed a bite to eat outside near our house (I keep thinking "maybe this is our last meal out together before baby?"). 

Saturday, a cleaner came to scrub the house top to bottom and help get rid of all the construction dust. It was freaking awesome. A girl could get used to that every week. : )

And even BETTER is that Evelyn came down Saturday morning and helped out so so so much. We organized the storage area in the basement (its been driving me NUTS) and set up the guest bed in the basement. We grabbed lunch on Hawthorne, walked around and did some shopping, came home and worked on some last bits, and then hung out chatting. Before we knew it it was 8:30. Ashley and Evelyn opened some more wine and she decided to spend the night so we ordered take out, ate and caught up some more.
She shoved off Sunday a.m. (so freaking nice of her to come down on a gorgeous fall day to help clean our basement, seriously) and Ashley and I wrapped up some more thises and thats around the house today. Getting as ready as we'll ever be!

I finally took some photos this week of the rocker Mom and Dad bought us and some other misc baby stuff around here - 

Here's the rocker by the window! And a little baby quilt I made with leftover fabric from the quilt I made when Macy was born. Just finished it a couple weeks ago - was so glad to get that done.

Baby corner in our bedroom - just a shelf, the rocker, dresser/changing table. We still need to get the "real" bedroom set up on the main floor. We'll get there. This is all we need for now : )
Baby books! 

Each of my girlfriends brought a bead to the brunch a couple weekends ago. Each friend said why they chose that bead and said a blessing or good wish for the baby. Michelle made them into a dream catcher for the baby : )

Carmen is cuddled up in the other quilt I just finished - this one from fabric I bought with Becky when she was out visiting almost exactly a year ago when she was 6 months pregnant with Leo. I figured if I didn't use that fabric to make a blanket now, I probably wouldn't for a long time. It has been on my to do list for a while and feels great to have it done! I haven't been able to sleep much, so have been working on this in the early mornings when I'm up.

36 weeks! Getting close...

No comments:

Post a Comment