Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Wisconsin, Part 1: Presque Isle

I have been trying to get caught up on photo organizing and sharing from the trip - I have photos on my camera, my phone, Ashley's phone, and the ones Morgan and Deb took at the shower, etc. So many good ones. Figured I'd just start getting some of them up here....

Obviously Ashley, Fritz, Susanne and I all arrived safely at Mom and Charlie's in Pewaukee on Wednesday night (almost a month ago already!). Mom and Charlie made an awesome Wisconsin burger and brats on the grill dinner, we caught up and crashed after a day of traveling. 

We shoved off around noon on Thursday for up north, had a beautiful drive, stopped for lunch in Portage, and arrived in PI in time for sunset. : )
Sunset, night 1 in PI
Our sunny first morning in PI. I heard loons when walking to the garage to go to bed the first night, and saw some the first morning when we woke up.
Ashley opening Baby O's first Packer gear. Thanks Dad and Jean!
One morning we kayaked around and stumbled across these fisherman : ) 
Beautiful fist day
Ashley, Fritz and Dad
Dressed up for dinner out (no Jean in this photo though!)
Dad, Fritz and Ashley working on a project in the garage on one of the overcast days
Dad and I on a mule ride
The "adults" planning their cruises one morning
Ashley caught a bunch of crawfish, but an otter or raccoon got to them overnight! 
Ashley and Fritz on the pier on a sunny day
Dad and I : )
Dad raking up apples for deer in town. SUCH a gorgeous fall day!
Susanne and Fritz on a pontoon ride
Fritz and Ashley out front
Captain dad

Another pretty sunset
Ashley and Fritz put a lot of work into catching a batch of crawfish for a boil for the last night we were there. Hopefully they didn't fish out all the crawfish from the bay!!
The whole group before we shoved off the morning of Wednesday,  9.18.
Grubby photo of Dad and I : )
We stopped in Minocqua at Otto's for some brats on the way back down to Pewaukee.
We had a nice drive down and arrived at Mom and Charlie's that night. There are so many other great photos I should grab and post randomly. And lots of things I didn't get photos of: Dad, Susanne, Ashley and I spent a nice day in town - had lunch at Paul Bunyan's and hit up some antique stores. Dad and I went on a gorgeous long walk one day, etc. 

More photos to come of the second leg of the trip : )

No comments:

Post a Comment